Allen J. Callahan
8501 East Pleasant Valley Road
Cleveland, OH 44131
CSA Group is a not-for-profit organization serving business, industry, government and consumers in the United States and the global marketplace.
Our purpose is to make standards work for people and business. As a solutions-oriented organization, CSA Group develops standards that enhance public
safety and health, advance the quality of life, help to preserve the environment, and facilitate trade.
Our gas equipment standards program has over eighty years of history, and our natural gas vehicle/vehicle station and fuel cell/hydrogen standards programs
have over fifteen year histories.
CSA Group published the world's first fuel cell (FC) standard, continues to publish additional FC standards and is a participating developer of several
leading-edge global standards for fuel cells and hydrogen.
But CSA Group is more than standards. We help people understand and apply the standards through educational materials, workshops, training, advisory services,
research and public consultation. Our proven processes, through years of collaboration with our expert volunteers, form a model that can be applied to a wide
range of circumstances.
Our Personnel Certification Program, accredited (applied) under ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024, General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons,
applies to any market sector. Current activities, those under development and those under investigation, include natural gas and hydrogen/fuel cell storage
cylinder inspection, First responder safety-Hybrid electric vehicles, Green building inspector, Respiratory safety specialist, First responder safety
for fuel cell, bio-fuel and internal gaseous fuel vehicles, Wind maintenance and safety technicians, and Greenhouse gas verifiers, among others.
Scope of Standards Developing Activity
CSA develops standards for the following product scopes:
- gas equipment
- appliances and accessories
- alternative energy
- built environment applications
CSA establishes the method by which consensus and due process is provided for the development of American National Standards, using committees comprising interested parties and public review processes.
- Gas and alternative energy standards, advisory/consulting services, training; and personnel certification in all business sectors
- Standards development in over forty sectors, including gas, electric/electronic, nuclear, plumbing, concrete, etc. Provide seminar, training and consulting services
- CSA On-line standards sales listing some two thousand products, publications and training/seminar materials
- Product testing and certification in electric/electronic, gas, plumbing, concrete and additional sectors
- Product testing and certification in Asia for smaller stationary and portable gas appliances for the US and Canadian markets
- Consumer product evaluation and consulting services for hardlines products, working with major retailers. US and China.
- CSA International product certification in Europe with offices in Arhem, the Netherlands, working with KEMA and other European partners
- Consortium on Standards and Conformity Assessment, Office for CSA Group in Beijing, China